- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Medical Assistants are In Demand! Enrollment is open for April 2017 classes.
Medical Assistants are needed in the St. Louis area in a variety of healthcare settings. The St. Louis Area on Training and Employment (SLATE) and St. Louis Community College are partnering to provide Medical Assistant training to St. Louis City and St. Louis County residents interested in this healthcare training who meet the qualification steps. If you are interested in a career in health care, this might be the opportunity that will launch your career. Take advantage of this training opportunity and prepare to earn your Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) certification.
Enrollment is now open for individuals ready to learn the skills needed to perform administrative and basic clinical tasks in clinical environments. The Medical Assistant non-credit training program combines 25 weeks of intensive classroom with clinical instruction. Classes and the clinical experiences are held Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What you will learn from this program
- How to perform basic patient care skills
- Demonstrate safe practices while caring for patients
- How to apply generic healthcare knowledge
- Demonstrate workplace behavior skills
- How to perform basic respiratory skills
- How to perform basic clerical skills
Instructional materials for this program will be provided through a variety of funding sources. There are no costs to students that qualify.
This training program is made available through the MoSTEMWINs grant program. Apply now for the upcoming classes starting in April 2017.
Get started here. For additional information contact Kevin Talbot at 314-539-5722.