- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
The Importance of Continuing ACT’s Workplace Observation WorkKeys Assessment
How much of your business is built on a good product and customer trust? They basically go hand in glove don’t they? At St. Louis Community College we pride ourselves in our products and our delivery. Because of that we have earned the trust of a lot of large, medium, and small companies.
One of our product lines is ACT WorkKeys assessments. These assessments have been designed to identify good applicants for a company. They insure a prospective employee has the core skills to be successful in a job. I constantly hear the need for people that can read and do the math required on a job. WorkKeys has those assessments. Using the WorkKeys system of job analysis and potential employee assessments, we can help a company identify a strong workforce.
As a FYI, through the years another required skill has made it almost to the top of the list. Safety. Obviously construction and manufacturing industries come to mind when thinking about environment/worksite awareness. However other industries like healthcare, transportation, and logistics, etc. are stressing safety awareness as well as learning the other occupational skills. The WorkKeys Workplace Observation assessment has helped identify people who are aware of their workplace environment.
Because our assessment system has helped companies through the years, we have gained their trust. Of course that trust then generates additional business as company needs arise. The trust in our delivery of service/product is what keeps us a viable provider.
We have been informed by ACT that they looking at setting up a sunset time frame for their Workplace Observation. We find it hard to believe that in this time when there is an emphasis on safety, a key assessment would be eliminated. We are hopeful that ACT will see the light and continue to providing the Workplace Observation assessment. The alternative that will help maintain the trust of our companies would be to find another product. We can only hope that it will never come to that. I would be interested in your thoughts.
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.