- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Enroll Now for Central Sterile Processing Training Starting Sept. 14, 2016
Our two-tiered program offers the student a direct pathway to success in Central Sterile Processing. Whether starting a career in Central Sterile Processing or already working in the field, this program will help you establish a foundation in:
- Central service workflow and concerns
- Basic job knowledge and skills
- Basic job responsibilities
Tier 1 is for the individual working in the field of Central Sterile Processing who only needs the 100 hours of classroom instruction.
Tier 2 is for the individual entering the field of Central Sterile Processing who needs both the classroom instruction and externship.
At the end of this program, you’ll be prepared to take a national certification exam as well as for entry-level employment as a Central Sterile Processing Technician.
Topics presented in the program include anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, infection prevention and control, tools for cleaning, safety and decontamination. Class meets twice a week, Monday and Wednesday (September 19 through December 19). This program will prepare successful students to take a national certification exam, as well as for entry-level employment as a Central Sterile Processing Technician.
Prerequisites: Student must be 18 years of age; High school diploma or a High School Equivalency Certificate; Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) Test Letter stating a minimum score of 8.9 on both Vocabulary and Comprehension tests and a minimum score of 7.0 Mathematics Concepts and Application. Family Care Safety Registry-Worker registration letter: Register online at http://health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr/forms.php. Only the original letter will be accepted. Letter cannot be older than six months. A strict attendance policy is enforced throughout this training.
Register in person only in Continuing Education at Forest Park, G 322.
Tier 1: Section 4D1 | $2,000
Tier 2: Section 4D2 | $2,625
Wednesday, September 14 | 6 p.m.-8 p.m. | FP – G Tower, 121
Mondays, Wednesdays, Sept. 19-Dec.12 | 6 p.m.-9:45 p.m. | FP-G Tower, 121 | No class 11/23
Final Exam Review:
Wednesday, December 14 | 6 p.m.-9:45 p.m. | FP – G Tower, 121
Monday, December 19 | 6 p.m.-9 p.m. | FP – G Tower, 121
Externship (Tier 2 only):
Monday-Friday, January 2-May 31, 2017 | FP – TBA