- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Apply Now for Precision Machining Technology Training – Become a Skilled Machinist
Precision Machinists set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. If you enjoy working with your hands and finding the exact details needed to successfully complete a task, then a profession in precision machining might be the profession that will make your career path flourish.
Learn to safely setup and operate mills, lathes, grinders and drill presses. You will also learn the basics of CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machine set-up and operation.
- Daytime classes are held Monday thru Friday
- Accelerated classes can be completed in one semester
- Prepare for National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) credentials and/or the Computer Integrated Manufacturing AAS degree
- Median starting salaries are $14 per hr/$29K per year
- Proud sponsors include: Bachman Machine Company, Deutsche Precision, LLC., GKN Aerospace, Hydromat Inc., Patriot Machine, Inc., Sunnen Products Company, Stroco Manufacturing, Inc., US RING
What you will learn from this program
- How to use technical drawings to determine what equipment and manufacturing approach will be necessary to create a component compliant with specifications in all respects
- Demonstrate the safe setup and operation of standard, manual and CNC machine tools
- How to evaluate part compliance with specifications by selecting and accurately using appropriate precision measuring tools
- Demonstrate the understanding of nomenclature relating to the machine tool trade, industry work expectations and the role of quality conscious trades people towards the success of the enterprise
Estimated costs are $1,802 for tuition, books and supplies. Financial assistance and scholarships may be available for those who meet eligibility requirements. Compare these costs to other programs in the St. Louis area!