- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College Hosts NCATC Conference
St. Louis Community College’s Workforce Solutions Group hosted the National Coalition of Advanced Technology Centers (NCATC) 2015 Fall Conference October 7 through 9, 2015. NCATC is a network of advanced technology educators that advocates the use of technology applications to enhance economic and workforce development programs and services. Over 130 participants attended the conference.
The conference, whose theme was “Accelerating the Pipeline: Putting Technology to Work,” was held last week at the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel and STLCC’s Florissant Valley campus. STLCC Chancellor Jeff Pittman welcomed the NCATC conference attendees on Wednesday. He spoke about some of the employer partnerships with the college’s Workforce Solutions Group (WSG) and summarized the State of St. Louis Workforce Report released by WSG in August. Other speakers at the conference included Brendan Lind, President of LaunchCode; Dave Owens, VP of Taste for Bissinger’s Chocolates; Carol Croft, HR Manager from the Henkel Company; and Dan Stroot, Regional Training Manager of the Boeing Company.
Session topics included drone technology, innovative education and manufacturing industry partnerships, and defining the workforce of tomorrow. Attendees participated in Industry tours hosted by the CORTEX Innovation Community, Hydromat, Bissinger’s Handcrafted Chocolatier, and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery. Participants also toured STLCC’s Center for Workforce Innovation (CWI) and the Emerson Center for Engineering and Manufacturing on Friday. The following are some photos from the CWI tour.