- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – Sept. 21, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“In a smart, connected world, companies face 10 new strategic decisions. A firm’s choices will have a major impact on every activity in its value chain.”
“The improving economy is putting more Americans back to work, but it still isn’t putting more money in their pockets. Nearly 47 million Americans are living in poverty, unchanged since the worst of the recession.”
“Unlike skills, knowledge, and experience, potential isn’t something that can be learned — it has to be found.”
“How long should a subject line run? What makes employees read — rather than delete — a message?”
“How to create your own marketing toolkit to leave with employers.”
“And some tips on how to avoid them.”
“These common blunders ruin the experience for both you and your potential contacts.”
“Some speakers captivate audiences better than others. Do you possess any of these qualities?”
“One path to stand out is to promote, to market, and to figure out unique ways in which to reach your core audience.”
“What do your employees need to do their best work?”
“It’s important to make sure that we’re talking with each other in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds.” – Barack Obama