- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – Oct. 26, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Knowing what you do professionally and how you do it is important, but knowing the story you tell yourself about what you do is evermore meaningful.”
“Leaders must scan the world for signals of change, and be able to react instantaneously. But how can business leaders make meaning of a playing field that is constantly changing shape?”
“Hiring More Prevalent Among Self-Employed Asians, Whites and Men.”
“The truth is simple: despite what you may have heard, higher education is too important to miss. Here’s why:”
“The overwhelming majority – 93% – of U.S. adults say that the last time they changed roles, they left their employer to do so.”
“You’re in a middle of a job interview and things are going great. And then, suddenly, you loose your footing. The interviewer hits you with an especially tough question, and you don’t have an immediate answer.”
“If you’re too honest, you might scare the hiring manager and blow your chances of getting the position. But if you’re not honest enough, you’ll lose credibility.”
“You’ve made up your mind: It’s time for a career change. If only applying for jobs were as easy as making that decision.”
“If you want to make an impact in social media—whether for yourself or for your business—the number one thing you need to do is establish a visible, credible online presence.”
“How can you change your mood when you’ve started your day off on the wrong foot? How do you stop annoyances from dragging you down and killing your productivity?”
“Your future hasn’t been written yet. No one’s has. Your future is whatever you make it, so make it a good one.” – Dr. Emmett Brown