- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – Nov. 9, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“The economy added more jobs in October than any other month this year and the unemployment rate ticked down to 5%, the lowest reading since April 2008. The monthly jobs report provides a rich snapshot of the state of labor markets.”
“The October numbers are significant because they suggest that the previous two disappointing jobs reports were themselves outliers. The U.S. job market is in a state of steady, solid job growth.”
“In October, 43% of workers said their employer was hiring workers and expanding the size of its workforce, and 11% said their employer was letting people go and reducing the size of its workforce. Forty percent of U.S. workers say their employer is ‘not changing’ the size of its workforce.”
“If your management team is disregarding fundamental human behavior, all your surveys and incentive programs will do little more than adding a coat of paint to a sputtering jalopy.”
“Poor communication trickles down through organizations and costs a whopping $9.3 billion for large companies, or $26,000 per employee.”
“How to handle tough talks with grace.”
“Living standards are actually rising in America. Here’s why the middle class feels so besieged.”
“And why do they ask these questions? Because they care – about their careers and about your company.”
“Put your best foot forward on LinkedIn and with your resume. Remember: You have only one chance to make a great first impression.”
“To combat incredibly boring conversations, I started asking people unexpected, thought-provoking questions that couldn’t be answered with a simple yes or no. The results were awesome.”
“Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.” – Babe Ruth