- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – Nov. 2, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“As many as 1 in 5 community college students already have bachelor’s degrees.”
“The decline in the labor-force participation rate defies simple explanation. But that’s not the same as saying it’s unexplained. In fact, it’s just that many things have been happening at once.”
“Over the last 25 years, more than 70 percent of college students have been working while enrolled. These 14 million college students face the challenge of balancing work, school and other life priorities.”
“Community colleges have long operated in the shadows of more expensive, elite four-year colleges, but worries about the cost of college are now drawing students to these two-year programs. A new survey shows Americans believe strongly that community colleges are essential to providing families with opportunities.”
“The economy is up, but pay is not.”
“It’s hard to be a great leader if you constantly demotivate your followers. Here is how the best leaders encourage their teams.”
“The way to make good things happen is by embracing your influence, not fearing it”
“68% of Americans have smartphones; 45% have tablet computers. Ownership of other digital devices has not grown in recent years.”
“How can I possibly provide an overview of my entire professional life, highlight the attributes that make me a good fit for the job, and come across as personable—all in three minutes or less?”
“Others judge you by what you say – even when you don’t realize it. Here’s the definitive list of the words and phrases you need to banish from your vocabulary.”
“You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan