- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – May 18, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Talent Is the Most Powerful Predictor of Performance, Managers Have the Greatest Impact on Engagement, Female Managers Are More Engaging Than Male Managers, Specific Behaviors Can Help Managers Increase Employee Engagement, and What Companies Can Do to Hire and Develop More Great Managers.”
“You don’t need to work longer or even do more—you just need to work smarter.”
“The Economic Value of College Majors uses Census Data to analyze wages for 137 college majors to detail the most popular college majors, the majors that are most likely to lead to an advanced degree, and the economic benefit of earning an advanced degree by undergraduate major.”
“There are many myths in circulation today — which often go unchallenged — that may be deceiving recruiters and compromising our hiring processes.”
“The 5-part recipe for making customers happy on social media.”
Did you know we have eight high-value technical training programs with no fees for qualified candidates? Start your new aviation, manufacturing, logistics, truck driving, or welding career now! Check it out and apply today.
“Success in interviewing means hiring the perfect candidate. So how do some people make that critical task not just a science but an art?”
“Everything you need to know about tricking out your LinkedIn profile—from crafting a stunning summary to selling your accomplishments, projects, and skills—in one place.”
“Here are the key issues you should look at before deciding.”
“These bits of eye candy get shared widely and frequently online. Make sure your brand isn’t left on the shelf.”
“You are what you do.”
“Successful people think differently. You can too.”
“Rank does not confer privilege or give power. It imposes responsibility.” – Peter F. Drucker