- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – May 11, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Do you know what job seekers are looking for when they target your company? Here’s how you can be more effective at recruiting the very best candidates.”
“Today’s business environment is all about the hustle. To be effective, learning has to adopt the same hurry-up mentality.”
“Your new hire needs more than just the ‘what’ and the ‘how’ of that new position. Provide the all-important ‘why.'”
Come join our discussion and hear about the latest workforce research. The conversation will be about economic opportunity gaps in the St. Louis workforce based on local focus groups, employer surveys and leaders in the community. The topics addressed will include gaps in educational achievement, skills, perception and information.
“Many of us are aware of the pay gap, but gender disparities exist in the hiring process itself. Understand and address the stereotypes and biases that unconsciously and subtly impact hiring decisions.”
“The good news is that the job market remains resilient despite weak growth overseas and signs of a slowing economy at home.”
“One of the top 10 hard-to-fill jobs is truck drivers. Today there are some 1,876,000 heavy truck driving jobs, an increase of 11% since 2010, and the occupation clearly wants to grow more.”
We have a no-fee training program:
“How should we react when an employee is not performing well or makes a mistake?”
“The average number of job postings is way above the average number of hires, indicating a thirst for talent that businesses can’t seem to find.”
“A content marketer offers guidelines for sharpening your Web posts.”
“Because you’ll make your professional future—not to mention day-to-day work life—a whole lot easier.”
“A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb