- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – March 9, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“It’s your most important currency.”
“Icy weather didn’t cool down the job market, but wages aren’t heating up, either.”
“Far too many companies think short-term, poaching talent from each other rather than developing it.”
“Though the economy is improving, a third of those still looking for work have been jobless for more than six months.”
“Think about a product or service that you used to use or a restaurant that you used to go to. The reason for that disconnect is because of how the story ended and what remains (a bad memory).”
“Happy management techniques = happy agents = happy interactions = happy experiences = happy stock price.”
“The factors that contribute to creating a great workplace are not obvious—often, they are surprisingly counterintuitive.”
“It’s interesting how often our pace affects our attitude. Leaders at all levels need to know how to pick up the pace. Being good is only marginally better than being quick, but the fact is both are necessary, and neither alone is sufficient, to be perceived as an exceptional leader today.”
“People who are open to feedback, willing to ask for help, and eager to learn new things are in demand—and are more likely to achieve their goals.”
“Entice more journalists, make your information more relevant, and have it pop up more often in search.”
“Don’t publish that blog post unless you’ve checked off every item on this list.”
“A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.” – Leonard Nimoy