- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – March 2, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“The types of jobs that pay middle-class wages — between $40,000 and $80,000 in 2014 dollars — have shifted since 1980. Fewer of these positions are in male-dominated production occupations, while a greater share are in workplaces more open to women.”
“While there is wide variation by college majors, hard times have become better times for most college graduates, but the recovery is far from complete.”
“Regardless of whether or not you think these skills are good to have, which ones do you think are most important for children to get ahead in the world today?”
First Quarter 2015 report by the PNC Financial Services Group.
“Six talent practices stand above the rest when it comes to maximizing engagement throughout employees’ tenure.”
“Change, whether in our personal lives or the organizations we work in, will always be difficult. Businesses, like humans, are works in progress. Reinventing old processes is often a high-effort, high-reward activity.”
“In most companies, decisions are made based on executive summaries. Here’s how to write one that will generate the right decision.”
“The reality of job searching in 2015.”
“An interview is, hopefully, the start of a longer relationship—and even the most professional relationships are based on genuine interactions.”
“People want to contribute to the success of their organization, but too often systemic roadblocks daunt those good intentions.”
“It ain’t no fun if the homies can’t have none.” – Snoop Dogg