- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Workforce Development News – June 1, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
There is power in what you don’t say.
“The biggest growth has been among people with part time jobs. They made up just 11.9% of the labor force in 2005. That means there was a 36% increase in just five years.”
“When you focus on persuading them, you’ll be able to turn even a corporate initiative or new product launch into a cause that becomes their own. They’ll want to step up and own their results.”
“From a manager’s perspective, a new hire can’t come up to speed fast enough. Balancing the newcomer’s need to learn the ropes and your desire to have her quickly produce is a challenge for any time-strapped boss.”
“Your time is way too valuable to be wasting it on things that don’t work. Instead, treat it like the precious resource it is.”
“Why are older incumbent firms slow to adopt new technologies even when the economic or strategic benefits are clear?”
“Your résumé is your steppingstone to getting a job, so invest an extra 30 minutes to make it attention-grabbing.”
“Your readers’ time is limited and anything you produce should respect their time. Once you have this baseline, then consider these tips.”
“Everything you need to know about business, collected in one place.”
“Life is fraught with opportunities to keep your mouth shut.” – Winston Churchill