- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – July 6, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“If process management means cumbersome bureaucracy devised by distant experts, disaster awaits. Empower workers at all levels to participate in process design and experimentation — to connect with their inner nerd. Process thinking becomes a part of everyone’s job.”
“For some reason most employers don’t spend much time or energy teaching their own employees the basic facts about their own businesses.”
“Sincere. Honest. Genuine. And extremely powerful.”
“You know you’re supposed to customize your resume for each and every job application. But sometimes, it’s not so clear how you can give the employers what they’re looking for—at least, not without being in-your-face obvious.”
“Some are incredibly overused. Others just make you sound full of yourself. Either way, you lose.”
“Seven ways to pay it forward by giving a glowing testimonial.”
“It’s very possible you are your own worst enemy.”
“Given that times were tough and that results were far from a sure thing, just what lessons do the Founding Fathers have for us in leading organizations to success?”
“The winners and notable photos of the 6th International Earth and Sky Photo Contest.” (Vimeo, 10:26).
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex, overwhelming tasks into smaller manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.” – Mark Twain