- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – July 20, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“The economy adds hundreds of thousands of jobs every month. But more and more people are leaving the workforce.”
“Gaining the respect of others in the workplace is something many people want, but often have misguided ideas on how to achieve this goal.”
“These poor decisions will have lasting effects.”
“And What You Should Learn From Each One.”
“Unprofessional? Here are the behaviors that send the opposite, more positive message.”
St. Louis Community College’s Workforce Solutions Group will present the 2015 State of St. Louis Workforce Report 7:30-10 a.m. Wednesday, August 5, in the Mildred E. Bastian Theatre at STLCC’s Forest Park campus, 5600 Oakland Avenue.
“These five elements can help create a clear route between employee development and performance and a company’s mission, goals and success.”
“The numbers suggest that many for-profit students would fare better in public community colleges, where earnings gains may be higher and tuition is less than a quarter of the price.”
“While we are still in the early days of brands building their social media muscle, the strongest companies are putting in place the tools, processes, and people to unlock the wide range of value potential.”
“Do you break eye contact too soon? It makes you seem untrustworthy. Do you lean back in your seat when talking with someone? You’d better stop; you come across as arrogant.”
“Advice for different personality types.”
“There are three constants in life … change, choice and principles.” – Stephen Covey