- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – July 13, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Can you really make meetings more effective and regain control of your calendar?”
“Many talent managers still hold onto outdated models and theories that are in need of being revised.”
“Everyone from your mother to your mentor has advice about the best way to switch jobs. But how can you know whom to trust? Especially since what was true in the job market 20 years ago — even two years ago — is not necessarily gospel now.”
“What does ‘the right fit’ really mean when looking for a new job?”
“Unfortunately, you’re not as smooth as you think.”
“A majority of the people you talk to on a daily basis are big fat liars.”
“Tiffany is an Information Technology professional who shares her pursuit of passion and accomplishment in a STEM career pathway. She is an example of opportunities that exist for women in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics fields.” (YouTube 3:42).
“81% of smartphone users say they keep their phone near them ‘almost all the time during waking hours.’ 63% report keeping it near them at night even while sleeping. And about half of U.S. smartphone owners check their devices several times an hour or more frequently.”
“‘How do we know this is working?’ It’s the classic ROI question, and it’s an important question. It’s also a question that can be difficult to answer.”
“We all face the same challenge — there are only 24 hours in a day.”
“I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.” — Abraham Lincoln