- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – Jan. 5, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“From what people really value at work to robots.”
“Income inequality is not a new concept. So why does it suddenly feel like such a big deal? The cold, hard fact is that even in the midst of recovery, too many Americans are working more than ever just to get by—let alone get ahead.”
“Take your leadership from good to great by focusing on these key skills every day.”
“Delegation is an essential skill for every leader. Master it and prosper.”
“There’s nothing quick or easy about crafting an effective resume. You have to think carefully about what to say and how to say it so the hiring manager thinks, ‘This person can do what I need done.’”
“Sought-after candidates are crafting and customizing personal branding statements to tell recruiters ‘These are the values I offer to your company’ rather than ‘This is what I want in a position at your company.'”
“Resume updates that only take a few minutes, but that can make a big difference in making your resume shine.”
“Sometimes we do things simply because that’s what everyone else does-and that’s especially true where interview questions are concerned.”
“If you want to succeed in business, mastering the art of communication will help get you there.”
“There is much to learn from 50 years in the life of an entrepreneur. Here are 50 take-a-way lessons.”
“As a leader in capturing our world through brilliant imagery, National Geographic sets the standard for photographic excellence. More than 9,200 entries were submitted from over 150 countries, with professional photographers and amateur photo enthusiasts across the globe participating. Photographs were submitted in three categories: people, places and nature.”
“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” – Stephen King