- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – Feb. 23, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Choose to make every moment count. Success often comes down to having the right attitude and smart decision making.”
“Support isn’t about always being right, it’s about always being willing to make it right. Here are a few principles for doing just that.”
“Coaching is about connecting with people, inspiring them to do their best, and helping them to grow. By using coaching methods and techniques in the right situations, leaders can still be effective without knowing all the answers and without telling employees what to do.”
“97% of employees readily admit to having a ‘career-limiting habit’ — some behavior that will forever hold them back, unless they can learn to change it.”
“Companies with great leaders perform better and have happier employees. Why not learn the habits of remarkable leadership?”
“Weak leaders always take the easy way out. Strong leaders cultivate virtues that create long-term success.”
“There have been some quite significant changes to the labor market and hiring climate in the aftermath of the recession.”
“Firms that are landing the highest-value work are focusing more on integrating than on acquiring specialized expertise.”
“Don’t give reporters a reason to dismiss your release without even really reading it. Double-check before you send.”
“Need to complete a major task in a short period of time? Here’s how to work smarter and harder in one incredible burst.”
“This roundup is an at-a-glance representation of the range of uses data analysis has, from pop culture to public good. The best data visualizations are storytelling tools that spark discussion and elicit calls to action.”
“Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.” – Alan Cohen