- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – Feb. 17, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“If you want to make it big over the long-term, you might want to take a good, hard look in the mirror and see if any of these career-limiting behaviors describe you.”
“If managers focus too narrowly on improving alignment, they risk developing ever more refined answers to the wrong question.”
“Kind words are worth much and cost little. This creates opportunity: when you can’t out-spend the competition, the solution is to out-support them.”
“Your company already is supposed to have good customer service baked in. Why not wow them with truly great service, and gain customers for life?”
“By getting to the heart of what makes some leaders truly great, you can become pretty remarkable yourself.”
A resource guide from the Department of Education, Department of Labor, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Justice, Department of Veterans Affairs, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, National Council on Disability, Office of Personnel Management, and the Social Security Administration.
“Managers are terrible at rating people’s performance.”
“Americans have been getting better educated in the last half-century, but class gaps in post-secondary educational attainment have widened. There are bigger gaps in terms of who attends college, who completes college, and how students pay for college.”
“Simple edits to put the authority back in your writing.”
“What you should know if you’re new to the job market.”
“Easy to get wrong. Fortunately, not hard to get right.”
“This report, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read.” – Winston Churchill