- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – Dec. 7, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Employees prefer workplace wellbeing to material benefits. Wellbeing comes from one place, and one place only — a positive culture. The qualities of a positive workplace culture boils down to six essential characteristics:”
“Employees should aim to meet these spoken and unspoken professional expectations.”
“Understand the me-to-we continuum.”
“Find out who’s out of work, not participating, getting paid, at school, hiring, jobless, and still searching.”
“Apprenticeship programs provide great value to apprentices and employers.”
“When it comes to innovation, businesses are constantly hampered by functional fixedness and other cognitive biases that cause people to overlook elegant solutions hidden in plain sight.”
“Here is a five-step plan on how to pitch yourself to others – without going off topic:”
“Quitting your job was stressful enough. But, having to attend a meeting in order to explain all of the nitty-gritty details of why you’re quitting?”
“Audiences like speakers who talk with their hands, but not every gesture is a good one. Follow these tips to ensure your hand movements are enhancing—not sabotaging—your speech.”
“Getting started is about understanding and overcoming the obstacles—be they mental, emotional, or physical—that hold us back from diving right in.”
“In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun.” – Mary Poppins