- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – Dec. 28, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Collaboration is taking over the workplace. As business becomes increasingly global and cross-functional, silos are breaking down, connectivity is increasing, and teamwork is seen as a key to organizational success. But 20% to 35% of value-added collaborations come from only 3% to 5% of employees. But this causes new issues and problems.”
“Actively disengaged employees report more unhealthy days. Engagement may be as important as age for health. Active disengagement negatively affects productivity.”
“The story of rising inequality is complex, and demand for skills still clearly deserves a chapter.”
“Which industries and occupations are more likely to offer opportunities for middle- and upper-income jobs?”
“The sectors, firms and people investing more in digital technology are reaping outsized rewards.”
“These quick fixes can expand your network, start your job search and increase your visibility online.”
“The question ‘What do you do?’ has basically become synonymous with ‘Who are you?’ When labels go wrong, they can lead to stereotypes. Avoid the fast track to the pigeon-hole with the following ways to come up with a more compelling answer.”
“Yes, there’s a lot to be said for the importance of talking over the pros and cons of your career decisions in order to make a thoughtful and careful selection. But you need to move forward with what you think is best.”
“Trust your instincts. There are decisions you have to make for yourself. You’ll never regret doing the right thing. Speak up when it matters. Worrying is a waste of time.”
“Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.” – Ernest Hemingway