- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – Dec. 21, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Compensation isn’t keeping pace with profits.” Find out how in seven charts.
“Since the recovery began in 2010, the economy has created 10.6 million jobs, but is still 6.4 million jobs short of where it would have been had the Great Recession not occurred.”
“Labor force participation and employment rates continue to trend downward, as do median annual earnings. The decline in labor force participation and employment rates was particularly pronounced among teens, and among young adults, those without post-secondary credentials fared the worst.”
“How tight does the labor market have to get before wages really start heating up?”
“Getting work experience that relates to their area of study should be a priority for community college students.”
“Over the past 240 years, the rate of inflation has been much higher and much lower than it is today. And what’s changed even more is the extent to which economists thought they understood why prices were rising.”
“How to identify how far a staffer has progressed and provide the most effective training to bolster their engagement.”
“No matter what life — and business — throws your way, these five things should rule all else.”
“Drones are becoming an increasingly accessible way to get a new perspective on the world, there literally are no physical limits as to where a shot can take place anymore.”
“Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely