- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – August 31, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Nearly all job growth since 1980 has been in occupations that are relatively social skill-intensive – requiring the ability to work with others.”
“And that’s better news for women than for men.”
“For the most part, Americans’ satisfaction with various aspects of their jobs is higher today than it was in 2005. But despite these improvements, no more than one in three workers are completely satisfied with their salaries, stress levels, chances for promotion and retirement plans.”
“What can you do to give your people the space they need to succeed and learn? How should you prioritize what matters? And how do you get comfortable stepping back?”
“What your employees don’t see might be the most important traits you possess.”
“Every now and again in your career, you may deliver a perfect interview performance, but things rarely work out this way. The interviewer still has some lingering concerns that are holding them back from giving you their full approval. What to do?”
Part 1: https://www.recruiter.com/i/how-to-neutralize-common-interviewer-objections-and-close-the-deal-part-1/
Part 2: https://www.recruiter.com/i/how-to-neutralize-common-interviewer-objections-and-close-the-deal-part-2/
“Where others see impenetrable barriers, successful people see challenges to embrace and obstacles to tackle.”
“Your presentation is your chance to reach many minds, as well as the many other minds that your audience might share with. That can fall apart, though, if you undermine your own efforts.”
“Tiny changes in your daily behavior can change your life for the better.”
“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier