- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – April 27, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“How to broaden your thinking and make better decisions.”
“How feeling good about your work is important for you and your company.”
“Job interviews have become nothing more than an audition for a part. Straying from comfort-zone questions is a great way to get candidates out of performance-mode so that you can genuinely get to know them.”
“Interview prep 101 dictates that you should have your elevator pitch ready, a few stories polished, and a good sense of what you have to offer. So, how do you get there?”
“You’re in the middle of an interview that’s going well and your interviewer asks an off-the-wall question. Why? To find the best cultural match for the company.”
“Your organization’s employee engagement levels might be suffering because workers aren’t getting the training they need.”
Our new summer catalog is now available and registration for spring begins May 4th! Ready, set, grow! For more information, or to register, call us at 314-984-7777.
“The audience, not the presenter, is the heart of any presentation. To figure out what makes it tick, answer these questions:”
“Sometimes you have to redirect an off-topic question or evade a direct attack. Here’s how to keep your balance to stay on target and thrill the crowd.”
“The objective of networking is, of course, to gain some benefit—a sales lead, a mentor, or maybe a new job—but a ‘gimme, gimme, gimme’ approach won’t get you very far.”
“Most of your success in your career is just executing on these basic points.”
“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.” – George Bernard Shaw