- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
- Workforce Development News – April 10, 2017
- Enroll Now for Certified Medical Assistant Training Starting July 2017
Workforce Development News – April 20, 2015
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“A five-step approach for structuring work to encourage good decision making.”
“The five dimensions of manager talent are the greatest predictors of performance across different industries and types of manager roles. Companies fail to choose the candidate with the right talent for the job 82% of the time.”
“Customer success stories can serve as helpful guidance for holdouts. Oftentimes their indecision is due to reasons other than ‘product quality’.”
“The hiring picture keeps getting better for college graduates. Companies want candidates who can think critically, solve problems, work in a team, maintain a professional demeanor and demonstrate a strong work ethic.”
Start your new career path today with the many options available under STLCC’s No-Fee, High-Value Technical Job Training Programs. All of these training options are offered for a limited time at no cost to qualified students.
“Over the next 19 years, 10,000 baby boomers will turn 65 every day. Here are insights into how companies can combat the potential labor shortages caused by the baby boomer brain drain.”
“Everyone wants to feel that they are making a positive difference in the lives of others. Show your people that they are making a difference every day of the week.”
“You might view proofing as tedious, but it’s a crucial element of the writing process. Try these steps for keeping your text clear and powerful.”
“And how to show you have those coveted traits.”
“These statements, vows and self-admonitions can set you apart from the crowd and propel you to a successful career.”
“Even if your life is already pretty great, there’s always room to improve.”
“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt