- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
STLCC Program Prepares Workers for Success in STEM Careers
The STEM fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics create high-demand job opportunities, and St. Louis Community College (STLCC) is helping students get into the right STEM career pathway. STLCC is participating in a statewide grant program-MoSTEMWINs-which allows qualified individuals to enter a no-fee MoSTEMWINs program to work with a career coach, create a career blueprint, identify strengths, and complete prep courses for their STEM training program of study. This grant program is one of the several accelerated workforce training programs offered through STLCC’s Workforce Solutions Group.
At STLCC, Kevin Talbot serves as the project manager for the MoSTEMWINs program. In addition to implementing programs that will prepare individuals in the St. Louis area for opportunities in the health science, life science, engineering technology, and information technology fields, Talbot works to promote the MoSTEMWINs program in the community.
Among his community outreach efforts, Talbot recently shared information about MoSTEMWINs with members of the Rotary Club of West St. Louis County. During his presentation, he provided an overview of the program, shared projections for growth in STEM occupations, and provided details regarding the innovative MoSTEMWINs Portal and the fee-based STEM Career Pathway training programs.
Talbot said that individuals who choose to pursue a MoSTEMWINs career pathway will find it’s easy to get started. “The first step is to complete an online application. Then, STLCC will work to connect individuals with the support and training they need to excel in a STEM career.”
Originally published in the STLCC Newsroom at http://www.stlcc.edu/Newsroom/2015/07/News7.html.