- Summer 2017 College for Kids and Kids on Campus
- Awesome! Well, Not Really
- Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
Short Term Offer through 9/30/15: No-Cost Logistics Training for Employees
Provide employees with the knowledge they need across the supply chain – warehousing, distribution, transportation, etc. and help them move up the career ladder.
Contact St. Louis Community College now about providing your entry-level employees or entry/lower level managers with an opportunity to train in this high-value no-cost certification course in Logistics funded through the MoManufacturingWins grant. Training is online, self-paced, and offers a nationally recognized credential through the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) as a Certified Logistics Technician.
Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) / Certified Logistics Technician (CLT)
(value $5,400 p/p)
Study modules on the global supply chain, logistics environment, safety, material handling equipment, quality control, workplace communication, teamwork and problem solving, product receiving and shipping, order packing and packaging, transportation modes, and inventory control.
As the leading certifying body for the nation’s front-line manufacturing production and supply chain logistics workers, MSSC’s certification program allows students and workers to document their knowledge. As the only certification organization in the industry accredited by ANSI under ISO 17024, MSSC helps provide businesses with a pipeline of individuals with the core competencies of highly skilled industrial athletes of the future.
About the Program
The CLA/CLT training program prepares you to earn nationally recognized Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC) credentials. MSSC strongly recommends that individuals be at an 8th-grade math and 10th-grade reading level before taking the courses. Included WorkKeys testing will validate the readiness of an employee to enter into training.
Certified Logistics Associate (CLA)
This course provides students with the foundational broad knowledge they will need to understand the world of supply chain and related core competencies. Learning materials include a PDF textbook and e-learning modules. This course requires approximately 35 hours to complete and includes:
- Global Supply Chain
- The Logistics Environment
- Material Handling Equipment
- Safety Principles
- Safe Material Handling & Equipment Operation
- Quality Control Principles
- Work Communication
- Teamwork and Good Workplace Conduct
- Using Computers
The student must pass the CLA Assessment Test to move on to the CLT training modules.
Certified Logistics Technician (CLT)
This course provides students with the mid-level technical knowledge needed to understand the world of supply chain logistics and related core competencies. Learning materials include a PDF textbook and e-learning modules. This course requires approximately 35 hours to complete and includes:
- Product Receiving
- Product Storage
- Order Processing
- Inventory Control Fundamentals
- Packaging and Shipment
- Safe Handling of Hazardous Materials
- Evaluation of Transportation Modes
- Dispatch and Tracking Operation
- Measurement and Metric Conversions