- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Panelists for 2015 State of St. Louis Workforce Event Announced
St. Louis Community College’s Workforce Solutions Group will present the 2015 State of St. Louis Workforce Report 7:30-10 a.m. Wednesday, August 5, in the Mildred E. Bastian Theatre at STLCC’s Forest Park campus, 5600 Oakland Avenue.
Come join our discussion and hear about the latest workforce research. The conversation will be about economic opportunity gaps in the St. Louis workforce based on local focus groups, employer surveys and leaders in the community. The topics addressed will include gaps in educational achievement, skills, perception and information.
These topics, real-time labor market data and the results of a regional survey of more than 1,000 employers will be discussed during the event. Networking and continental breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m., and the program follows at 8 a.m.
The workforce panelists for the event are:
- Kathy Osborn, Executive Director, Regional Business Council
- John Gaal, Director of Training and Workforce Development, Carpenters’ District Council of Greater St. Louis
- Michael P. McMillan, President & Chief Executive Officer, Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Eric Henderson, Missouri Area Human Resources Manager, UPS
- Alan Spell, Research Manager, Missouri Economic Research and Information Center
- Roderick Nunn, D.M., Interim President, STLCC-Forest Park (moderator)
Admission is free, but reservations are requested by July 31.
To RSVP online, visit http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/event/130171.
For more information about the event, visit www.stlcc.edu/STLworkforce.