- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
No Fee Training Opportunity: Drinking Water Operator
Are you mechanically inclined and like working with your hands? Are you interested in environmental issues and want to make a difference in your community? Consider becoming a licensed Drinking Water Operator.
With funding assistance from the EPA, St. Louis Community College has developed an accelerated job training program that is offered free of charge to those meeting the eligibility requirements.
Water operators work in water treatment plants. Fresh water is pumped from wells, rivers, streams, and reservoirs to water treatment plants, where it is treated and distributed to customers. Water operators run the equipment, control the processes, and monitor the plants that treat water to make it safe to drink.
Upon successful completion, students take two certification exams by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources to become a licensed water operator.
When: April 16 through May 29, Thursdays and Fridays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Where: Center for Workforce Innovation, FV Campus
More Information: Drinking Water Operator Training
Those currently seeking a certificate or degree in an engineering-related field, and/or those with some mechanical or electrical experience are highly encouraged to apply for this free training!
For eligibility requirements, contact Rene Dulle at 314-539-5296.
The training program is approved by the Missouri Department of Natural Resource (DNR) as course No. 1506127. This DNR course approval is equivalent to six months of water treatment and six months of distribution system operating experience. Certification renewal training credit hours are water treatment (57.5 hours), distribution (57.5 hours), wastewater (22.5 hours) and concentrated animal feeding operations (7.0 hours).