- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
No-Cost Community Health Worker Training, Starts Oct. 26, 2015
Learn to conduct outreach for medical personnel or health organizations as a Community Health Worker through the no cost training program available to MoSTEMWINs grant participants. Prepare to implement programs in the community that promote, maintain and improve individual and community health.
Enrollment is open now for training starting October 26, 2015.
The Community Health Worker non-credit training program combines classroom instruction with service learning in the community. The program includes 108 classroom hours and 60 service learning hours. Classroom instruction will take place at the Harrison Education Center located at 3140 Cass Avenue. Students must be available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
What you will learn from this program
- An understanding of the determinants to health at the individual and community level
- How to implement community assessment techniques to include demographics, mapping and analysis of governmental agency services
- The tracking techniques of clients and services
- The dynamics in relationship building among groups, organizations, and individuals in the community
- How to identify initiatives that will impact the health status of the community
There is no cost for this program for individuals who qualify. Let’s get connected!