- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
- Workforce Development News – April 10, 2017
- Enroll Now for Certified Medical Assistant Training Starting July 2017
No Cost Commercial Truck Driving Training Program
Individuals interested in a career as a professional truck driver are encouraged to enroll in a special program offered by St. Louis Community College.
The five-week truck driving program prepares graduates to enter the commercial driving industry as an over-the-road truck driver. Truck driving is part of STLCC’s no-fee, high-value technical job training programs that are grant-funded and offered for limited periods of time at no cost to qualified students.
Students will rotate through a combination of classroom, driving simulator time and several hours of road driving. The coursework covers areas such as safety, Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations, proper shifting techniques, pre-trip inspections, map reading, log books, handling paperwork, cargo handling, highway driving, night driving and metro driving.
Students also will gain more than 40 hours of driving experience. Upon completion, students earn a Class A Commercial Driver License as well as job interview opportunities.
Truck drivers are in high demand. The average starting pay is approximately $35,000.
Enrollment is under way for spring classes, which begin March 16. There is no cost for this program for individuals who qualify. To participate, students must be 21 years old, have a good driving record, and pass both a physical and DOT drug screening. No prior experience is necessary.
Those interested must fill out an online application and attend an information session.
For eligibility requirements, contact Rene Dulle at 314-539-5296, or email her at email@example.com.
Originally published in the College Newsroom at http://www.stlcc.edu/Newsroom/2015/01/News24.html.