- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
MoSTEMWINs Adult Learning Academy
As part of the MoSTEMWINs Portal, the Adult Learning Academy (ALA) provides innovative self-paced courses contextualized to the STEM career pathways, enhancing student success as individuals improve their skills in English, math and/or reading.
The Adult Learning Academy (ALA) is one of St. Louis Community College’s most innovative approaches to the redesign of developmental education. Funded through MoSTEMWINs, a Department of Labor TAACCCT grant, the ALA workgroup leveraged the prior efforts of a faculty-led developmental education redesign team which established three guiding principles for advancing the College’s redesign of developmental education:
- Immersion/higher touch
Hear what others have to say about the Adult Learning Academy:
This workforce solution was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership.