- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Last Chance to Apply! No-Cost Certified Logistics Technician Program Starting Oct. 12, 2015
This daytime class is 80 hours of training over 15 days that prepares individuals for front-line material handling and distribution positions across the supply chain.
Successful students earn nationally recognized Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC) credentials. Training starts with the Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) modules and completes with the Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) materials.
Time is limited to take advantage of this training program which is grant funded and offered at no cost to qualified students. This is the last time this program will be offered at no cost. A High School Degree or equivalent is required for this program. Classes are held at the Center for Workforce Innovation on the STLCC Florissant Valley Campus.
In the last six months, there were 1,081 job postings for Logistics Associates and Logistics Technicians in the St. Louis region. Entry wages for these positions started at $20,054. Source: Missouri Economic Research and Information Center.
Apply now for the training session starting October 12, 2015.
How to get started
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3…
- Complete the on-line application.
- Reserve a spot in one of our Information Sessions.
- Attend the Information Session – and bring your current resume with you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is eligible?
- Where can I find more information on this program?
- Where’s the contact info and application form?
- Download the program flyer (pdf).
Call the MoManufacturingWINs Hotline at 314-539-5773 to hear more information and receive a call back. Please provide us with your contact information and the program(s) you are interested in.
Certified Logistics Associate (CLA)
This course provides foundational broad knowledge need to understand the world of supply chain and related core competencies.
- Global Supply Chain
- The Logistics Environment
- Material Handling Equipment
- Safety Principles
- Safe Material Handling & Equipment Operation
- Quality Control Principles
- Work Communication
- Teamwork and Good Workplace Conduct
- Using Computers
The student must pass the CLA Assessment Test to move on to the CLT training modules.
Certified Logistics Technician (CLT)
This course provides mid-level technical knowledge needed to understand the world of supply chain logistics and related core competencies.
- Product Receiving
- Product Storage
- Order Processing
- Inventory Control Fundamentals
- Packaging and Shipment
- Safe Handling of Hazardous Materials
- Evaluation of Transportation Modes
- Dispatch and Tracking Operation
- Measurement and Metric Conversions