- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Boeing Pre-Employment Training: A Riveting Start To A Career
St. Louis Community College’s Workforce Solutions Group and the Emerson Center for Engineering & Manufacturing formed a joint venture with the Boeing Company to develop and provide a pre-employment training program in order to create an ongoing pool of assembly mechanic employee candidates for Boeing. The college, in consultation with Boeing, established assessment scores required for entry into the program. Workforce skills assessed are applied math, locating information, reading for information, and observation. STLCC currently provides a five-week training course that focuses in sheet metal assembly mechanic work, but also offers a 10-week training program that includes composite and electrical training as well.
The training program provides 208 hours of instruction in aircraft assembly techniques, accessing computer-based work instructions and teamwork. Currently there is no cost to students to attend this training. The costs are covered by a combination of resources provided by Boeing, St. Louis Community College and the Missouri Division of Workforce Development.
Participants who pass the program receive a certificate of completion for 208 hours of assembly mechanics training. Representatives from Boeing will attend a class session and discuss the application and interviewing process. Students individually must then go online and apply for a job with Boeing. Since November 2007, 23 sessions have been completed, with 219 students completing training, and 212 being placed into the Boeing workforce, reflecting an 87 percent job placement rate.
Find out more and how to apply at http://www.stlcc.edu/Workforce-Solutions/Accelerated-Job-Training/boeing.html.
Check out the video to see and hear from current students and from employees who completed the training.
Originally published at http://www.boeing.com/boeing/Features/2015/02/bds_riveting_02_17_15.page.