- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Accelerating the Pipeline: Putting Technology to Work
St. Louis Community College’s Workforce Solutions Group will host the National Coalition of Advanced Technology Centers (NCATC) 2015 Fall Conference October 7 through 9, 2015.
NCATC is a network of advanced technology educators that advocates the use of technology applications to enhance economic and workforce development programs and services. Nearly 130 participants are expected to attend the conference.
The conference, whose theme is “Accelerating the Pipeline: Putting Technology to Work,” will be held at the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel and STLCC’s Florissant Valley campus.
STLCC Chancellor Jeff Pittman will welcome the NCATC conference attendees on Wednesday. He also is among the roster of speakers that includes Brendan Lind, president of LaunchCode; Dave Owens, vice president of taste for Bissinger’s Chocolates; Carol Croft, human resources representative from the Henkel Company; and Dan Stroot of the Boeing Co.
Session topics include drone technology, innovative education and manufacturing industry partnerships, and defining the workforce of tomorrow.
Industry tours include the CORTEX Innovation Community, Hydromat, Bissinger’s Handcrafted Chocolatier, and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery. Participants will also tour STLCC’s Center for Workforce Innovation and the Emerson Center for Engineering and Manufacturing.
For more information and photos, contact Don Robison at 314-539-5305.
Originally published in the STLCC Newsroom at http://www.stlcc.edu/Newsroom/2015/10/News2.html