- Summer 2017 College for Kids and Kids on Campus
- Awesome! Well, Not Really
- Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
2015 State of St. Louis Workforce Report Presentation by Alan Spell
Alan Spell, Research Manager at the Missouri Department of Economic Development (MERIC), presents the findings of the 2015 State of St. Louis Workforce Report. Alan summarizes the new research on the St. Louis economy, results of the employer survey of 1,100 employers, and responses from focus groups on their economic opportunity gap experiences.
The St. Louis economy topics discussed include the Metro economy, unemployment, job market, earnings by education attainment, current and future job demand, certificates and skills in demand, and labor challenges.
The employer survey included hiring trends, employment change, future employment plans, experience and education required, barriers to expanding employment, shifts in addressing skill shortages, employment and shortages in functional skill areas, reasons for skill shortages, shortcomings of job applicants, jobs available for short-term training, jobs with advancement pathways, methods of skill development, drug screening, background checks, hiring workers with felony convictions, and the value of diversity.
The focus groups addressed understanding perceptions of the employment and education experiences of economically disadvantaged populations. They discussed their positive experiences, the emotional catalyst of faith and self-reliance, information and education gaps, and barriers to jobs.
For more information, or to download the full report, please visit http://STLCC.edu/STLworkforce.