- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – Oct. 6, 2014
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“More than 2.5 million good-paying jobs will be created in the next few years. Will workers know how to get them?”
“White-collar jobs are leading the way in a potentially historic year for the U.S. economy, but wages still aren’t growing.”
“This might seem simple but it’s by far the hardest option to take. It requires skill and practice. But it’s worth it; it has a huge return on investment.”
“These five skills are the essence of soft skills, and every company, no matter its size will either succeed or fail in the 21st century based on how well these skills are developed and used in their organization.”
“Why exactly are these core skills more important than the amount of experience your talent pool has?”
“As small business owners and brand managers, you’ve probably heard that you need to be on Facebook. Great! So where should you start? And is there an easy blueprint to follow?”
“Finding ways to learn what employees need during their employee experience — and not at its end — is vital. Prudent leaders should stop guessing what will keep their top performers happy.”
“When writing resumes, job seekers tend to forget to include the things they’re passionate about or experiences they’ve gained outside of the workplace. As you look for ways to make your resume shine, here are seven things you might be forgetting to include:”
“As any visual artist will tell you, the white space is just as important as the drawing. In music, too, the pauses matter just as much as the sound. And yet in business, we rush to fill any empty space with noise — a new offer, more features, another conference call.”
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain