- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – Oct. 13, 2014
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Although the economy continues to recover, and we’ve recovered both nationally and locally in terms of our unemployment rates and by a number of other measures of job openings to unemployed individuals, there still are some underlying issues or skill gaps in the economy,” said Steve Long, associate vice chancellor of St. Louis Community College’s Workforce Solutions Group. “Employers are increasingly in need of skilled workers, and there’s a shortage of skilled workers.”
“How can you encourage your team members to have honest conversations with you — and to speak up when it’s important?”
“Many places are still falling short of the employment opportunity they provided America’s workers before the Great Recession. And even among those places that have recovered, several engage well below-average shares of their adults in work today.”
“And how to fix them.”
“A seven-part formula for storytelling success in presentations and business meetings.”
“There’s a huge biggest difference between being efficient and being effective. Effective people execute and produce what makes the biggest difference for their business … and for themselves.”
“Where brainstorming goes wrong and how to cultivate better ideas.”
“With all the distractions in life it’s hard to focus and get things done. Here’s how the most focused people get things done.”
“We all have those colleagues whom everyone loves. What is it about them? It’s not as inexplicable as you may think. Here’s what they do—and why you should follow suit.”
“If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington