- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – Nov. 17, 2014
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Dramatically reduce the number of hours spent motivating and watching employees.”
“When people feel like their voice is heard, their investment in their work increases far more than when they’re being told what to do and exactly how to do it.”
“The answer isn’t as ‘either/or’ as many companies might think.”
“If leaders can help their employees and teams perform to the highest levels, and achieve even beyond their own expectations, engagement becomes a happy by-product of success.”
“This group, which will soon make up the majority of employees the world over, is inherently misunderstood by managers. In 10 years they will be 75% of the workforce, compared to only 25% today.”
“Replace these common workplace expressions with more powerful alternatives.”
“Can you work well on a team, make decisions and solve problems? Those are the skills employers most want when they are deciding which new college graduates to hire.”
“Business meetings are often too long, too disorganized and too inefficient. These 10 strategies stop ineffective meetings before they start.”
A “LinkedIn 101.”
“Go beyond good manners to make an incredible first, and lasting, impression.”
“Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau