- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
- Workforce Development News – April 10, 2017
- Enroll Now for Certified Medical Assistant Training Starting July 2017
Workforce Development News – May 5, 2014
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
Discussion and charts on employee-employer trust, how companies should tackle the issue of stress at an organizational level, and why we might be all wrong in the way we think about worker engagement.
“Great employees need motivation but money isn’t always the answer.”
“Be fully prepared to open doors, ace the interview and get the offer.”
“You want to do the right things, but a big part of your success also hinges on avoiding the wrong things.”
“Hiring speed is one of the top five most important recruiting problem areas. Discover cost the of slow hiring and some advanced steps on how to improve the speed of the overall hiring process.”
“So here’s my challenge to you. You know all the dirty secrets now. Live like they weren’t.”
“Most everyone can learn, but some people just absorb and grow at remarkable rates. Here are some of their tricks.”
“Why America’s essentials are getting more expensive while its toys are getting cheap.”
“…in the end, the truth comes out, so it is better to just be up front and honest about it.”
“If you’re using the same tired phrases as everyone else, you’re not as exciting — or as hireable — as you thought you were.”
“Change is good, flexibility is critical, self-trust is essential. Don’t resist it.”
“These rules are loosely adapted from IBM’s social networking policy – with an extra dollop of common sense.”
“Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.” – Thomas Jefferson