- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – May 27, 2014
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“You know the saying that sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all? Here are 10 of the times when that is most true.”
“This study offers several surprising and sometimes troubling insights into how unemployed Americans are faring and what they’re doing, and not doing, to get jobs.”
“The future can be scary-unless you’re that special kind of leader who understands some of the central truths that will always remain constant.”
“You may regularly need to meet and size up experts in various roles—as advisors, business partners, providers, employees, beneficiaries or clients. Doing so is never simple. Sometimes we spot the fakes too late.”
“How to give a presentation that customers, colleagues, and co-workers, will talk about long after you’re done talking.”
“Why should we hire you for this job?”
“Providing references is a good opportunity for employers to learn more about a candidate, as well as a way for potential employees to impress the hiring manager. So how can you ensure that your references will offer glowing reviews and help you overcome that last hurdle before a job offer?”
“You hear them all the time – but that doesn’t mean they were used correctly.”
“If you’ve been hearing about ‘snackable’ content and want to do it yourself, here are some ways to make it happen.”
“We all spend three to four hours each day resisting desire. So what do people with remarkable willpower do differently?”
“What you do has far greater impact than what you say.” – Steven Covey