- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – March 24, 2014
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“High-class leadership means doing both the little and the big things necessary for your employees to flourish. Here’s where to start.”
“American students need to improve in math and science—but not because there’s a surplus of jobs in those fields.”
“Focus on a few core components of leadership and you can take your company to new heights.”
“Don’t make rookie mistakes with your online presentation. Here are basic steps to ensure it’s efficient and entertaining.”
“Technical ability will only carry you so far. Employers also want to see skill that can’t be taught.”
“Forget the checklists and interview guides. Just pick one question.”
“Prepare for these common, but daunting, interview questions.”
“Job market complexity creates opportunities for people who can skillfully negotiate the terms and conditions of employment. After all, negotiation matters most when there is a broad range of possible outcomes.”
“No matter where you are in your career, these tips, tricks, secrets and one simple formula for success will get you on the way to making — and keeping — your mark in the business world:”
“There are thousands of books out there brimming with ways to radically improve your life. Look a little closer, though, and you’ll find that while each author may take a different approach, the advice they’re giving isn’t as different as you might think.”
“Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second-rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland