- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – June 9, 2014
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“What are the habitual ways of behaving and approaching life and work that distinguish those who make a significant impact from those who long to make a difference but can’t or won’t find the way?”
“Skip the management books. This simple list of pointers is all you need.”
“While many organizations are better about creating diversity, many have not yet figured out how to make the environment inclusive—that is, create an atmosphere in which all people feel valued and respected and have access to the same opportunities. That’s a problem.”
“Every HR professional knows how costly recruitment can be, but not every organization knows how to effectively contain these expenses.”
“Whether you are asking your boss for a new assignment or attempting to land a major business deal with a client, your approach to the negotiation can dramatically affect your chances of success. How can you make the best case for what you want?”
“These common mistakes make the other attendees wonder whether you’re worthy of their attention.”
“Why are meetings unproductive?”
Discover the four types of working retirees, why not everyone can work in retirement, the four phases of the ‘Retirement Workscape,’ concerns about a career intermission, and how to prepare for a working retirement.
“Establishing yourself as an influencer on the professional social network is a lot easier than you may think.”
“To achieve differently, first you have to believe differently.”
“There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” – Edith Wharton