- No-Cost Certified Nurse Assistant Training Classes fill quickly. Apply today!
- Workforce Development News – October 17, 2016
- No-Cost Patient Care Technician Training Starts January 17, 2017. Classes fill quickly.
- Top Ten Beliefs for Business and Career Success
- Workforce Development News – October 10, 2016
- “No Problem” Is A Problem
- Boeing Pre-Employment Assembly Mechanic Training Starts November 7, 2016 – Apply Now!
- Workforce Development News – October 3, 2016
- No-Cost Commercial Truck Driver (CDL-A) Training, Apply Now for Nov. 14, 2016 Class
- Apply Now: Boeing Pre-Employment Composites Mechanic Training Starts October 31, 2016
Workforce Development News – June 23, 2014
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“All fixable, but all tragic in their little, or more than little, way.”
“Customers want solutions to their problems, right? Well, yes, but that’s what they want from what you’re selling. What do they want from you, personally?”
“Bad ideas don’t die just because they are bad. They hang around until a consensus forms around another idea that is better. This is what’s happening now with a stupid idea has dominated American business for the last four decades.”
“The day is over and I am leaving the office with a tremendous sense of accomplishment. What have I achieved?”
“While resumes should be tailored to the industry you’re in, the one below offers a helpful guide for entry- and mid-level professionals with three to five years of relevant work experience.”
“Here are some examples of real-life cover letter sentences that don’t quite make the cut in the competitive hiring landscape.”
“You’re discouraged. You’re overwhelmed. You’re tired of looking for jobs. And you’re not alone. But there’s good news for discouraged job seekers.”
“Writers and marketing specialists must work in concert on letting potential visitors know precisely what is on your website and what value it has for them.”
“When you’re in front of an audience, strategic eye contact has the power to change how people think of you. Here’s why.”
“The basic premise — get known, get liked, inspire trust and do stellar work — needs no embellishment. I can take it from there.”
“Do it or not. There is no try.” – Yoda