- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – Jan. 6, 2014
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Management is a complex endeavor requiring a diverse skill set. Mastery of fundamentals provides a solid foundation on which to build everyday operations.”
“Confidence is an expectation of a positive outcome. It is not a personality trait; it is an assessment of a situation that sparks motivation. It’s not confidence itself that produces success; it’s the investment and the effort.”
“After years of post-crisis malaise, the stars look to be aligning for the US economy in 2014. Here’s why, according to Wall Street’s economy watchers.”
“Brainstorming is only a first step to innovation. What matters more are execution and implementation. All of the above may seem obvious. Yet many companies struggle with it.”
“Middle-wage jobs are not growing as fast as low-wage and high-wage jobs. There is a direct connection here to the issue of the ‘skills gap.’ Many of the people already have 80% of the skills that they need for their next job. We have to help them fill the gap in their skills.”
“Anyone who has accomplished anything of significance didn’t do it alone. Neither should you.”
“Can American labour policies face the challenge of long-term joblessness?”
“Remind yourself of these common sense tips now and throughout the months ahead:”
“What are the biggest lies about search engine optimization?”
“Fourteen quotes to not just stick on the wall…but to inspire actions that lead to greater success in 2014.”
“Change is hardest at the beginning, messiest in the middle, and best at the end.” – Robin S. Sharma