- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – Jan. 13, 2014
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Success is directly proportionate to the effort put in. There are no short cuts or easy answers on the road to success.”
“Talk to job seekers, and it’s clear that any recovery still hasn’t been fully reflected in the job market. Job seekers continue to find a much harder market than they did before the financial crash of 2008.”
“Reminders our community shared that just might save you a headache:”
“Most reasons the most talented and productive people flee a given workplace can be avoided. Here are common mistakes, along with better alternatives.”
“Want to ruin a presentation in seconds? Just drop in one of these sentences.”
“The biggest payoff of focusing process improvement on individual decisions and the overall decision architecture is that it engages and empowers workers. As we clarify interdependencies, ownership, risk tolerances, and the skills we need, we are putting performers at the center of the operation.”
The seven trends for the 2014 employment market as identified in CareerBuilder’s annual job forecast.
“This list of questions may help you get a fast read on whether your employees are equipped to succeed.”
“A smart headline will capture attention, but a strong first sentence and valuable content will keep people reading.”
“People talk. When they do, make sure they don’t use these words to describe you.”
“Do you have a real vocation for what you’re doing, or are you just in business for egoistic reasons? Here’s how to tell which one is guiding you.”
“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you’ll be a success.” – Albert Schweitzer