- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – Feb. 24, 2014
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“People judge you by what you do – and by what you say. Here are nine phrases that should roll off your lips every single day.”
“Networking is possibly the most valuable professional activity we can undertake. But too often, we’re inadvertently sabotaging our own best efforts by misreading power dynamics, failing to give first, and not making our value proposition clear.”
“Step One: Stop focusing on the actual goal.”
“Does your profile list ways for people to contact you outside of LinkedIn? Do you feature examples of your work? If not, your profile isn’t as effective as it could be.”
“When going into an interview, it’s important to know what questions to expect and how to approach them.”
“If you avoid these common errors, you’ll be more believable and command more respect.”
“What an organization needs to do and offer to recruit qualified applicants.”
“Here are three reasons why, as well as some ways to re-engage the employees at your organization.”
“Regardless of whether you run the business or toil in the mailroom, these are the survival skills you need to master.”
“The best way to predict the future is to invent it.” – Alan Kay