- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – Feb. 10, 2014
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“The proof is that when the students leave with certificates or degrees after two years, ‘they walk out into a job.'”
“We found that a strategic approach to leadership was, on average, 10 times more important to the perception of effectiveness than other behaviors studied. So how can organizations develop strategic leaders?”
“If they want to make a real impact on the audience, that is.”
“Words matter. Your words (what you say) and style (how you say it) are your most cherished (and undervalued) assets, yet they are so often overlooked.”
“Throw those standard interview questions out the window. Use these questions to find the best employees for your business.”
“No one likes job hunting. Scouring through online jobs boards, spiffing up your résumé, prepping for grueling interviews — none of it’s fun. But perhaps the most challenging part of the process is writing an effective cover letter.”
“Minor tweaks to the text could result in a significant change in your job search.”
“Looking up the interviewer, liking the company’s social media posts, and checking out other employees can give you an edge over other candidates.”
“The most-common reasons for receiving the cold shoulder after a job interview.”
“Talking about yourself is hard. Doing it in 160 characters or less is even harder.”
“Amazon.com announced 100 Books to Read in a Lifetime, a new editorially-curated list of essential books.”
“Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.” – William Arthur Ward