- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – Dec. 15, 2014
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Middle-skill jobs, which require education beyond high school but not a four-year degree, make up the largest part of America’s and Missouri’s labor market. Key industries in Missouri are unable to find enough sufficiently trained workers to fill these jobs.”
“These abilities are key for your career in any company or industry.”
“A significant share of undergraduate students do not understand how much they are paying for college or how much debt they are taking on.”
The Crisis of Information in Higher Education
“Trust what these leaders say about good leadership. They are experts on the topic.”
“Each one has already been proven effective, so you won’t be the first to try it.”
“Most Americans say the internet and cell phones have brought benefits in learning, sharing and diversifying the flow of information into their lives. 87% of online adults say the internet and cell phones have improved their ability to learn new things and 72% of internet users report they like having so much information.”
“It can be hard to draw out the truth.”
“What to say and what to skip in this loaded conversation starter.”
“If you’re going to get anywhere in business, you need people to take you seriously.”
“In addition to basics such as your name and title, certain key elements boost your credibility and affirm your professionalism.”
“Social media is simple: if you share good stuff, people will reshare it, and you’ll get more interaction and more followers. Everything else is optimization (or delusion).”
“Developing skills is as important as training. A larger effort is needed to create a skilled workforce with employment potential.” – Pallam Raju